We offer a single, free and confidential counselling and consultation service to youth and families in Waterloo Region. Please call or contact us through our website to book an appointment (no walk-in at this time).
*Currently, sessions are available by phone or video five days a week (Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays) by appointment only. Please call to book. *
Is Quick Access for me?
If you are:
- a parent/caregiver of a child under 18 years old
- a young person under the age of 12 with your parents’/caregiver’s consent
- a young person aged 12 up to your 18th birthday (you can attend alone or with an adult if you wish)
…then our quick access service is for you. You are welcome to bring any significant/supportive person with you to a walk-in session. Parents/caregivers are welcome to attend with or without their child. Everything discussed in Quick Access sessions is confidential.
If you are 18 or over, please contact Here 24/7 for service.
What to expect from a session:
When you come to Front Door, we will:
- Listen to your situation, concerns and needs without judgement
- Ask questions so we are sure we understand
- Provide support and guidance
- Work with you to develop a plan for moving forward, and
- Provide information on community services and referrals to more intensive mental health treatment services at Carizon or Lutherwood.